Following Government of Ireland advice on containing COVID-19, we in Léargas are taking some steps to protect the health and safety of all in our community.
Work From Home Policy
From today 13 March, we are encouraging all staff to work from home where possible. This will continue until 29 March, when the policy will be reviewed. You can reach staff by email as normal, or by phone in cases of emergency (we have call forwarding in operation).
Cancelled and Postponed Events
With regret we are cancelling these events:
- Demystifying Innovation TCA, 18-21 March
- Erasmus+ Youth & European Solidarity Corps Project Lab, 19 March
- Be the Spark! European Solidarity Corps Project Training Workshop, 21 March
- EPALE: Art Therapy and the Classroom, 24 March
- Be the Spark! European Solidarity Corps Training Workshop, 28 March
- Queerasmus+ TCA, 29 April-01 May
We are postponing the following events. We hope to re-organise later in the year, depending on how the situation evolves:
- Erasmus+ Youth Application Workshop, 31 March
- Erasmus+ Youth Application Workshop, 2 April
- Step Up to Quality TCA, 6-8 May
- What Makes a Good Inclusion Project TCA, 13-15 May
- Anything International? TCA, 24-27 May
- Active and Engaged TCA, 27-29 May
Travel Advice for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps Project Participants and Beneficiaries
If your Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps activities involve travel to or transit through affected regions, or hosting participants from those regions, please take the following steps:
- Check the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) website for travel advice
- If there is a DFA travel alert for COVID-19 in place for the region involved, travel should be postponed or cancelled
- Contact your project partners to establish if additional local restrictions are in place
- Document all evidence of the reasons for the decision, including screenshots of the DFA travel alert
- Immediately inform the Léargas Programme Finance and Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to postpone or cancel travel – include your project reference number (e.g. 2018-1-IE01-KA102-100100) and the details of your query
- The Programme Finance and Operations team will advise you of any additional documents or information you need to submit as a result of the postponed or cancelled activity
- If your project is funded through a different National Agency, please also contact them immediately.
If you have already had to cancel project activities and wish to apply for force majeure, please download this zip file with the forms and procedure: Force Majeure Process & Forms 130320.
For general questions about travel in your Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps project, please contact our Programme Finance and Operations team at email@example.com. Include your project reference number (e.g. 2018-1-IE01-KA102-100100) and as much detail as you can.
Travel Information for Other Participants and Beneficiaries
If you were planning to travel as part of any other programme, please email the project officer listed in our Meet the Team section.
Here are further sources of advice:
- Department of Education and Skills Announcements on Coronavirus/COVID-19
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs Advice on Containment
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
We wish you strength and solidarity in this challenging time.